Nasty Wine/kernel bug, anyone?

Andreas Mohr a.mohr at mailto.de
Fri Apr 6 14:28:53 CDT 2001

On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 01:23:59AM +0200, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> In any case, this would seem to be clearly a bug in that
> sound module.  I don't know, however, why only Wine would
> trigger that bug ...
>
> Bye,
> Ulrich

Any progress on that one ?

BTW, we just had our first operating system lesson on Thursday (tcshisms
and such), and this was when a Linux box managed to fall flat on its face...
(a colleague mounted a zip, accessed it via konqueror and... hung ! :)
Imagine their funny faces... "haha, Linux... CRASHED ! :)"
kill -9 didn't help, of course, as the processes were in D state
(uninterruptible sleep).
I intended to investigate the problem (it must be a kernel bug),
but my colleague got uneasy: the drive was being accessed at all times,
so his disk got hotter and hotter...

I resorted to rebooting the machine.

I'm going to try to reproduce it next time, though.

This was a RedHat Fisher machine, BTW.

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://home.germany.net/100-30936/