debugger startup

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Sun Apr 8 14:00:17 CDT 2001

eric pouech <eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr> writes:

> either we decide that shell scripts shouldn't be used (easy
> solution) or we could do something like :

> - if the CreateProcess fails, then wait for a certain amount of
> time. If after that time the current process isn't currently
> debugged, then report the error. Otherwise assume what did happen is
> what has been described above

CreateProcess already waits a couple of seconds for the new process to
show up, so it's probably enough to simply check for the debugger once
CreateProcess returns.

An easier fix may be to have the script exec the debugger instead of
launching it as a child process; this way the debugger parent pid will
be the original Wine process, and everything should work fine.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com