TrueType font metrics for PostScript driver

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Mon Apr 30 14:59:51 CDT 2001

Ian Pilcher <ian.pilcher at> writes:

> With a separate program, FreeType is only required for people who want
> to print TrueType fonts.  If I put FreeType calls directly into the
> driver, FreeType will be required to build/run Wine at all, even for
> users that derive no benefit from it.

You can have an autoconf check and #ifdef the code out if possible. We
will have to use FreeType at some point anyway, so we might as well
start now. Besides it seems it will be easier to use if everything is
built-in instead of having to run a separate tool.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at