Dont allow SetSelectorBase to change into an kernel region

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Thu Aug 2 12:32:04 CDT 2001

Uwe Bonnes <bon at> writes:

> If I only allow to set the selector base when (selector base + selector
> limit) is smaller than 0x8000000, the application goes on and lets me read
> an eprom plugged into the Galep3 Programmer. Is the appended fix a right
> acceptable?

No, it's legal to have selectors covering the entire address
space. I'm afraid there is no good solution to this kind of
problem. What does the app do under NT or with -winver nt40?

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at