Win XP installation support?

Hetz Ben-Hamo hetz at kde.org
Sun Dec 2 18:16:45 CST 2001

Hi,

I have installed wine cvs and I have here on this machine Windows XP pro
installed..

now - the partition is fat32 and I can access it with /mnt/win without any
problem.

However, the tools/wineinstall script simply doesn't recognize my windows
partition:

windows]$ ls -l win*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root       256192 Aug 23 13:00 winhelp.exe
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root       266752 Aug 23 13:00 winhlp32.exe
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root          504 Dec  1 22:25 win.ini
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root        48680 Aug 23 15:00 winnt256.bmp
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root        48680 Aug 23 15:00 winnt.bmp
[hetz at witch windows]$ pwd
/mnt/win/windows

Now - running tools/wineinstall gives me this:

wine]$ tools/wineinstall
WINE Installer v0.7

Warning !! wine binary (still) found, which may indicate
a (conflicting) previous installation.
You might want to abort and uninstall Wine first.
I see that WINE has already been configured, so I'll skip that.
Hmm, looks like WINE is already compiled. I'll skip that too, I guess.
You aren't root, so I'll skip the make install.

NOTE! To run Wine without installing, you must set the environment variable
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /home/hetz/wine:/home/hetz/wine/dlls
in your logon scripts.

Create local config file ~/.wine/config?
(yes/no) yes

Found existing /home/hetz/.wine/config, if you continue this file will be
overwritten.  Continue running wineinstall?
(yes/no) yes

Searching for an existing Windows installation... not found. (no matching
/etc/fstab mount entry found)

Windows was not found on your system, so I assume you want
a Wine-only installation. Am I correct?
(yes/no)

No, it's not correct. Any suggestions?

(sorry if the email doesn't belong to this list)

Thanks,
--
Hetz Ben Hamo