No implementation for shlwapi.dll.0(StrRetToBufA)

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sat Feb 10 21:04:44 CST 2001

On Sat, 10 Feb 2001, David D. Hagood wrote:

> Francois Gouget wrote:
>
> >    David,
> >
> >    Can you shed some light on the MAPS DUL stuff below?
> >

> Evidently, my ISP is implementing the dialup blocking feature of MAPS
> (and I never even KNEW they were doing any filtering, from the volume of
> spam I get!).

   Yep. They definitely should really have told you.

   I'm all for anti-spam measures (if you check my web site you'll see I
even translated the 'Advertising on Usenet' FAQ to french a few years
back) but I disagree with MAPS DUL. From what you say it seems pretty
ineffective and I'm really irked by the following paragraph: