No implementation for shlwapi.dll.0(StrRetToBufA)

Dan Kegel dank at alumni.caltech.edu
Sat Feb 10 22:17:23 CST 2001

Francois Gouget wrote:
>> Evidently, my ISP is implementing the dialup blocking feature of MAPS
>    Sure they have the right to deny me access to their mail server, but
> to imply that I'm only allowed to connect to my ISP's mail server is
> bullshit.

There's a good reason for this -- a lot of spam comes from
dialup lines.  (Think of all those 'free trial' AOL disks.)

It's perfectly fine to ask you to relay through your ISP's mail server;
doesn't impede your life at all, really, does it?  Your ISP's
mail server will happily relay your mail to the desired destination.

- Dan