Novell filesystem support

Simeon Pilgrim simeon.pilgrim at alliedtelesyn.co.nz
Sun Feb 11 18:41:31 CST 2001

Hello,

I have been making Wine support Novell Bindery calls via the
ncplib, so that I can get Pegasus mail to do mhs mail. But i've hit
the brick wall, novell file operations on a window -> unix -> novell
file system dose not work very well.

So what needs to happen is make Wine know about other file
system types other than dos / windows / unix. What I was thinking
is, there must be some system that windows uses to register extra
file systems and then use supplied functions for read/write/etc
operations.

Dose Wine also support this system, or should it be made to do
this?
If this is in place where in the code should I look for references. If it
is not supported, is it something that is should be supported in the
future( i.e. a clean implementation ) or is an ugly little hack ok.

If doing a hack, what structures should I add the extra information
to, what structures should I not touch.

p.s. sorry if this has been brought up before, I found it hard to
search the archives.

Regards,
Simeon Pilgrim

Simeon Pilgrim                      27 Nazareth Avenue
System Test Engineer                PO Box 8011
Allied Telesyn Research             Christchurch 8034
(An Allied Telesyn Group company)   New Zealand
phone +64 3 377 8900                fax   +64 3 377 8870