recording sound?

Thomas Flynn flynnt at acm.org
Wed Feb 14 23:35:27 CST 2001

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Eric Pouech wrote:

> > err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection Critical section 0x400f320c wait timed out, retrying (60 sec) fs=0247
> >
> > I also tried the system.ini from documentation/samples/.  Same messages.
> > Although I no longer get any messages about MCI_LoadDriver failing to load.
> > Any ideas what else I could be missing?
> hard to tell from here. at least now the MM drivers are loaded and working
> the last message means there's a deadlock somewhere...

Agreed.  I looked into the code a bit this past weekend.  I was really
looking to just get a stack trace.  Wasn't as easy as I thought it would
be :).  winedbg wasn't quite acting as I expected, but maybe I need to
read the docs more carefully.  I was able to get stack traces via gdb, but
they didn't make a whole lot of sense (they weren't what I expected
them to be)...plus I wasn't sure which of the three wine.bin processes was
the one that was holding the lock and which one set the lock.  I would
just need to spend more time with it maybe.

> this is really hard to debug remotely. can you try (and we'll see what can be
> done) to run with -debugmsg +relay and post the 200 before & after this err
> message. please compress the result.

Ok, will do.   I could also put the result up on a webpage if you'd rather
I didn't send a compressed file to the list.

Thanks for your help,
tom

--
"Mongooses are famous for their snake-fighting ability, and are
 almost always victorious because of their speed, agility, and timing