Perl/Wine extension for perusal

Joshua Thielen thielen at netprince.net
Fri Feb 16 07:10:21 CST 2001

Hello,

I'm not a Windows Perl guru, but I have worked a very little bit with the
Win32 perl library. I took a look at your test suite last night and started
modifying it to work in Windows. You might want to take a look at the Win32
perl modules, if you haven't already. You can find them at the Activestate
website. More specifically, check out the Win32:API module. This module
provides a "call" method which is very similar to the "call" method in
wine.pm. AFAICS, this module provides everything you need to run your
extension in Windows (with slight modifications). This module is not
included in the standard ActivePerl package, but you can get download it at
http://www.activestate.com/PPMPackages/5.6/Win32-API.ppd. You might
consider rewriting your extension into a Linux port of this Win32 module.

HTH,

Joshua Thielen