huge library renaming ?

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Fri Feb 23 08:33:43 CST 2001

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Andreas Mohr wrote:

> AFAIR there have been several naming conflicts with other projects
> (libole, ...), and people who need to remove a previous Wine install
> from their system manually have a rather hard time...
>
> Any reason for not doing this ?
> I can't think of any...

Any reason for doing this?
I can't think of any...

The Debian packages work perfectly, without any potential for conflict.
They install the dlls into /usr/lib/wine, do *not* put /usr/lib/wine into
ld.so.conf, while Wine loads the dlls from /usr/lib/wine, not from
/usr/lib (and Wine's own configure adds rpath stuff last time I looked)