undefined symbol: GetPrinterDataA

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sun Feb 25 22:08:08 CST 2001

On Sun, 25 Feb 2001, Ian Pilcher wrote:

> I am trying to modify the Wine PostScript driver to use GetPrinterDataA
> to read configuration information from the registry.  I have added a
> line that reads "import winspool.drv" to wineps.spec, and Wine builds
> with no errors.  When I try to run Wine, however, I get the following
> error:
>
>     BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin wineps.dll:
>         /usr/lib/wine/libwineps.so: undefined symbol: GetPrinterDataA
>
> Ideas?
> --
> Ian Pilcher                                       pilcher at concentric.net

I think maybe you have created a new dependency and need to run make
depend again?  If I understand the import mechanism, something
(winebuild?) generates stubs for the functions you import and ties them
in to the import mechanism, so they shouldn't be left hanging for ld.so
to choke on.  They should resolve to .spec.o.  It looks to me as if the
.spec didin't get rebuilt.

Maybe a make clean and a make would do better and quicker for now than
make depend.  or rm wineps.spec.* *.o and try make again.

Lawson

All's well that ends.     - Ben Franklin
---cut here

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.