undefined reference to main in _start

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Mon Jun 25 17:40:29 CDT 2001

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Gilroy Billard wrote:

> No, it is not.
>
> Basically, I want to use wine_main and link the WINE source libraries into
> my project, for example, libmsvfw32.so, libwine.so, etc.
> This is what I did in the past and it worked fairly well. However, 20001202
> and greater versions of WINE also require libntdll.so. This is fine too, but
> now I get an error "crt1.o undefined reference to main in _start".

Maybe I am misunderstanding something, but that sounds like a winelib
application you are working on, and that is what winemaker does best,
in my experience.  Don't be mislead by "windows source", think rather
"c-like code you have the source to that wants to make some calls to the
windows API" (it can also call any other API you care to give it the
headers and libraries for, including libc).

Winelib programs changed radically some time in December 2000 - I think
for the better - in that you can now simply import a dll in the .spec
file and the wine toolchain starting with winemaker takes care of
LoadLibrary/GetProcAddress, but they build, start and link differently
too.

I'd say give winemaker a try.  Maybe you will have to hand-hack the
Makefile a bit, but winemaker understands beter than I can explain how
to make winelib apps.

I guess you could take winedbg as an example winelib app.

Lawson
---
Just because it works for me, doesn't mean I know what I'm doing.
---cut here---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.