Question on exposing non-windows functions from dlls...

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Fri May 18 15:05:59 CDT 2001

Mike Bond <mbond at cox.rr.com> writes:

> If you can point me to some way of implementing _exec[lv][ep] using the
> standard win32 API I would be more than willing to. Unfortunately that
> was one arguable shortcoming of win32 process management in that it did not
> have any interface that allowed loading and running an image in-process.

You cannot do this with the Win32 API, that's true. And since the
native msvcrt is implemented on top of the Win32 API, this means that
msvcrt exec functions cannot possibly behave exactly like the Unix
ones.

What you must do is find out the expected behavior of the msvcrt exec,
and implement the same behavior; you should then be able to do this
using the Win32 API, since this is how the native one does it.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com