Regression errors

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at
Mon Nov 12 06:08:01 CST 2001

> At 11:06 AM 10/11/2001 -0500, you wrote:
> >
> >Thanks Gerard. I will try it Tuesday. Going out of town till then.
> Well, I have advanced a bit this weekend. I noticed that one of my
> test app does indeed show this regression after the patch we are talking
> about.
> As the case is a lot more simple than the one I was trying to debug
> before for this problem, I have been able to understand better what
> is happening. The problem shows itself in the following case :
> - invalidating a window
> - hiding it
> - deleting it
IIRC, before the big window overhaul (when paint count was attached to each window), when a window was hidden, its paint count wasn't set to 0
(or when the window was actually shown, its paint count wasn't set to 1).
This lead to some painting errors... I don't know if this is fully related (and I didn't follow closely the new window stuff), but it may be related...
in case this helps...

Eric Pouech
The future will be better tomorrow,
Vice President Dan Quayle

Faites un voeu et puis Voila !
Avec Voila Mail, consultez vos e-mails sur votre mobile Wap.