SystemParametersInfo: Screen Save actions

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 16 13:24:08 CST 2001

--- Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> wrote:

[...]
>    So it may make sense to maintain some parameters
> separately from the
> X settings (especially when their is not
> corresponding X setting), but I
> think the above parameters should be 100% backed by
> the corresponding X
> setting.

I agree for the screensaver system parameters.
I'll enable the integration and resubmit the patch.

Currently my position in implementing
SystemParametersInfo is "integrate with X when we
really need to".

Do you suggest another extreme - "Integrate with X
whenever possible"?
If not, where do you suggest to draw the line between
these two extremes?

I don't see big problems with either of this
approaches - just don't let windows applications screw
X settings permenantly.

Andriy