SystemParametersInfo: Screen Save actions

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Fri Nov 16 13:32:35 CST 2001

Francois Gouget <fgouget at> writes:

>    In fact, I disagree with Alexandre when he says:
> > If users want to reconfigure X behavior, they have to use the X
> > configuration programs.
>    I think Wine is about more than just running Windows applications on
> Linux. It's about integrating Windows and Linux applications and thus
> they should be able to manipulate these kind of settings. Otherwise Wine
> would only support the 'desktop mode' or it would not exist at all and
> everyone would be happy with running Windows in a sand-box ala VMWare.

I also said there could be exceptions... I agree temporarily disabling
the screen saver can be useful, so we probably want to allow at least
that. I'm not sure we want to allow messing with the timeout though.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at