wine/port.h #include fixes

Roger Fujii rmf at lookhere.com
Thu Oct 18 11:17:54 CDT 2001

François Gouget wrote:

>    You need to first make sure that you are using the GNU toolchain to
> build Wine. Otherwise Wine will not work. I believe that not even
> "./wine" will work. Do you have warnings about an unresolved main symbol
> when you link Wine's dlls? This is one of the symptoms.

well, I had to add an -lc to the gcc -shared to resolve the libc labels
on some of the libraries (winedbg and some others).

> Another is when that strip does not understand "--strip-uneeded".

yup... it didn't...

>    We still have to investigate how to detect the Solaris toolchain and
> issue a big fat error message in the configure script. Also we should
> try to see if there is a way to tell gcc which toolchain to use.

well, you could tell it with a -Bpath for gas/ld.

>    Alexandre has done a commit of my Solaris patches. The most useful
> one for you is the one that avoids printing NULL strings. But if you are
> using the wrong toolchain this will not help you.

it seems to be a little less cranky now.  Think part of the problem was
something wasn't being rebuilt correctly - did a make distclean and
a reconfigure and it got me a little further.

> > I presume that you don't have to install it to test it out, right?
> > (so long as I have LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to dlls:.).
> Yes, that works.

well, this turns out not to be the case, as wineserver is started from
the installed prefix path.

Now, it starts up, then complains about not being able to stat fd0,cdrom;
starts to build the font metrics (and complains about 16 fonts), then dies
with the following stacktrace (if you believe gdb)

#0  0xdebe3eac in ?? ()
#1  0xdfae8285 in ?? ()
#2  0xdfaebe87 in ?? ()
#3  0xdfaf057f in ?? ()
#4  0xdfae31b9 in ?? ()
#5  0xdf9f5399 in RtlEnterCriticalSection (crit=0xdfabb108)
    at critsection.c:245
#6  0xdfa8a159 in _EnterSysLevel (lock=0xdfabb108) at syslevel.c:78
#7  0xdfa8a68a in RestoreThunkLock (mutex_count=0) at syslevel.c:198
#8  0xdfa28349 in OldYield16 () at task.c:686
#9  0xdfa28473 in DirectedYield16 (hTask=215) at task.c:716
#10 0xdfa2da96 in NE_CreateThread (pModule=0xdf661a80, cmdShow=1,
    cmdline=0xdf662064 "") at module.c:1004
#11 0xdfa2ddcd in NE_StartMain (name=0x804d660 "F:\\playcvs\\wine\\sol.exe",
    file=20) at module.c:1114
#12 0x804c017 in wine_initial_task (inst=134520832, prev=0,
    cmdline=0xdf660e93 "", show=1) at main.c:37
#13 0x804b082 in __wine_exe_main () at wine.spec.c:71
#14 0xdfa85c52 in start_process () at process.c:390
#15 0xdfa89cc5 in SYSDEPS_DoCallOnStack (func=0xdfa85a0c <start_process>,
    arg=0x0) at sysdeps.c:172
#16 0xdfa89d9f in SYSDEPS_CallOnStack () at sysdeps.c:182
#17 0xdfa89e9a in SYSDEPS_SwitchToThreadStack (func=0xdfa85a0c <start_process>)
    at sysdeps.c:235
#18 0xdfa860c2 in PROCESS_InitWine (argc=2, argv=0x8047040,
    win16_exe_name=0x804d660 "F:\\playcvs\\wine\\sol.exe",
    win16_exe_file=0x804d764) at process.c:518
#19 0x804c1b2 in main (argc=2, argv=0x804703c) at main.c:84

any chance you can mail me the wine binary and see if it bombs here too?

-r
--
Roger Fujii <rmf at lookhere.com>
Underemployed, and trying to keep it that way....