ok.. narrowed down problems with solaris...
rmf at lookhere.com
Tue Oct 23 16:10:48 CDT 2001
after a whole bunch of head banging, I finally found out what is
causing wine to crash (though I don't know what the fix is, but
I figure I should ask first before doing more head banging.
It turns out there are strange things happening in two places.
The first problem is that it fails to work when compiled with
the XFree86 (4.1.0) includes/libraries, but works if you compile/link
against the openwindows libraries (or, at least, it works HERE). Note
that the X server that is running is 4.1.0. I suppose this might be a
threading issue (given how notoriously unsafe X is for multitheading).
The second problem is that I could only get it working with
the openwindows libraries if I truncate my font paths. So it
looks like something goes awry when you have a LOT of fonts
in the font path. When I started wine up with only 2 font dirs in
my fontpath, it came up fine. My initial guess would be something to
do with malloc/sbrk and all the mapping that is done with the dlls, but
that's pure speculation on my part.
Roger Fujii <rmf at lookhere.com>
Underemployed, and trying to keep it that way....
More information about the wine-devel