mediatype patch

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Tue Oct 23 17:35:56 CDT 2001

On 23 Oct 2001, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> Ove Kaaven <ovehk at ping.uio.no> writes:
>
> > Save a disk file's media type in the server object.
>
> OK for the storing part, but why do you return it in the get_file_info
> request? Shouldn't it rather be in something like get_mapping_info?

Well, I considered that, but struct file is only defined in file.c, in
mapping.c it's just an opaque structure that you can't dereference without
getting undefined struct errors, so it was impossible to return such file
info from get_mapping_info without changing (violating?) the current
design in some way or adding ugliness. If design issues are at stake,
I thought it'd be best to leave to you to do it your way.