Quicktime 5.0.x / XVideo usage

Matthias Dahl matthew2k at web.de
Mon Sep 10 06:34:05 CDT 2001

Hey there...                                      ]) powered by Linux 2.4.8 ([

I have discovered some strange behavior with WINE and Quicktime 5.0.x. As long
as the "time slider" and the "audio bars" are being  updated  the  video  runs
quite sluggish. But if you open a menu or a dialog box both the  "time slider"
and the "audio bars" stop updating - which is normal.  BUT  the  video  itself
runs at full speed as long as both are not being updated.     Which  is  kinda
strange I guess. Even those animation content which is included with some movs
doesn't slow the playback down, so it cannot be a performance issue.  (on PIII
with 500 Mhz, 256 MB ram and X 4.1.x (G400MAX))

Also if you maximize the video to full screen or  anything  that  is  not  its
original size, the playback also becomes very sluggish. Doesn't WINE  use  the
XVideo protocol for such operations?

By the way. I am using yesterday's CVS checkout without any windows DLLs. I'll
happily provide more informations - just let me know what you need.

Last but not least. All you guys are doing a great job -- and I wanted to take
the opportunity to say THANK YOU to you all. :-)

--
So long, Matt   ]) matthew2k at web.de, GPG key available at public keyservers ([