Direct3D8 regression/bug

Greg Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Tue Dec 3 19:14:46 CST 2002

On Tuesday 03 December 2002 05:30 pm, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
>  --- Greg Turner <gmturner007 at ameritech.net> a écrit : > On Tuesday
> the nv driver provided with Xfree is way too slow to use it on Wine.
> and I don't want to have to compile Xfree myself.

Wow, that sounds really bad... unless our experinces differ, I don't
find wine to be /too/ much hungrier (a bit) than the equivalent native
X application (i.e.: ms word vs. openoffice writer).

This is going a bit off-topic but.... you can compile just the Xserver
and or drm kernel module from xfree cvs and even use some ./configure
flags to turn off the various drivers you don't need IIRC (I always
just suffer through the whole compile personally).  It's still probably
a pretty big compile, but much less.  If you "xmkmf /path/to/xc" and
"make depend," you can "make" the subdirectories just like wine,
without getting sucked into the notorious "make World" invisible
progress bar.

> You wrote exactly what I wanted to avoid when I put "mplayer.exe"
> It isn't mplayer from mplayerhq.hu, but windows mplayer.exe from
> Windows ME.

haha, I should have paid more attention!  the ".exe" was a dead
giveaway...

> I need it to test midi with winealsa.drv.
> Now I didn't succeed because of Registry glitch: couldn't find midi
> out (%s)\n

gotcha.  I run winealsa too... but I've never tried midi.  My buddy owns
cakewalk, I should give it a whorl sometime, and see what happens.

--
gmt