Registering DLL's

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Wed Dec 4 16:41:58 CST 2002

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

> C.1 Merge configuration into the registry
>
> Any gochas? What would it take?

Not much, it basically means making the Wine/Config branch into a
normal registry branch. It's more a user interface issue, we need
tools to edit it because you don't want to make users dig through
system.reg manually.

> C.5 Make Wine's DLLs register themselves to avoid manual merging of the winedefault.reg
>
> How should this be implemented? See Jeff's questions.

Part of it should be done with DllRegisterServer, the rest can be
handled by the .inf script. And I think it's OK to add the necessary
DllRegisterServer entry points even if the native dll doesn't have
them.

> C.6 Write wine.inf script to setup a new Wine installation
>
> Do we have the code that executes .inf scripts? Is this one
> just a matter of writing the scripts?

It should be, setupapi should support everything we need for that. The
main missing feature is the user interface feedback on the install
progress, but we can probably live without that at first.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com