wpp

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Mon Dec 9 16:03:15 CST 2002

On December 9, 2002 04:45 pm, Francois Gouget wrote:
> Let's not forget the goal of Winelib: making
> it possible to recompile Windows applications to Unix, not making it
> possible to compile native Unix applications using the Windows
> API+MinGW.

Not that I disagree with your points, but I think there is some
confusion about MinGW. MinGW apps are NOT native Unix apps. They
are native Windows app that just happen to use gcc instead of
MSVC for the compiler.

Now, give that most OSS Windows app support MinGW, I think it's
a very important segment we need to address (not to mention most
like a lot easier to capture). Yeah, most commercial apps do use
MSVC, but those app need internal forces for a port anyway, all
we can do is make it easy for them. Most important in that area
is probably .dsp support in winemaker, but this is a different
ball of wax...

--
Dimi.