wineconf 2002 user submitted agenda topics

Marcus Meissner marcus at jet.franken.de
Tue Feb 12 13:32:57 CST 2002

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 04:07:56PM -0800, Michael Robertson wrote:
> Here's a list of some of the suggestions people have sent in for wineconf
> 2002. http://www.lindows.com/wineconf It demonstrates where people's
> interest is and not a confirmation of the agenda or that the proposed
> speaker has even confirmed. Some have not responded to my email (like Dr.
> Ulrich Weigand). As you can see, there's no shortage of interesting topics.
> Please keep sending me your input and I'll incorporate. I haven't made it
> through everyone's suggestions yet.
>
> Company Presentations:
> ----------------------
> Transgaming, Success To Date [Transgaming/State]
> ReactOS - Where it's at, where it's going [ReactOS/Filby]
> Corel, A Look Back [Xandros/Tranter]
> Crossover Strategy [Codeweavers/JW]
> Macadamian - Making It As A Software House [Macadamian/???]
>
> Business
> --------
> WINE's "Most Wanted": Features To Make WINE Great [???]
> Developer Funding, Who Pays The Rent [???]
> Future of WINE licensing [CW/White]
>
> Technical
> ---------
> Development Model [CW/AJ]
> NORM - The secret weapon [Codeweavers/???]
> Making Fonts Not Look Like Crap [CW/Timoshkov/Davies]
> Multimedia And WINE [eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr]
> Regression Testing [???]
> How To Improve The Debugger [Meissner/marcus at jet.franken.de]

Just to be clear, this is a User suggestion.
I haven't yet decided whether to go at all. ;)

Also, Eric Pouech would probably be more capable of doing that style
of lecture.

I would be more capable of doing a "How to debug a random windows program,
different approaches" or "how to rebottle WINE for easy consumption"
session ;)

Ciao, Marcus