Question to Brett Glass

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at
Thu Feb 14 13:02:25 CST 2002

The longer I read your posts on this mailing list,
the more I think you don't like Open Source
or Free projects. You like commercial projects,
with lawyers, profits and copy protection.

Why don't you say that Linux is a sabotage of HP,IBM,
Microsoft,(non-exhaustive list) OS providers ?

Note that closed source programs are consuming time,
employees,money... and are slowing the development.

_All_ the code that is not free is today forked
somewhere in a vendor's program.
Every company reinvents the wheel.

> In short, Stallman urges programmers to sabotage
> their employers' IP --
> by injecting GPLed code into it -- so that it must
> be given away.

If I were a the boss of an ecologic team,
I would urge my colleagues to respect the nature...
Wouldn't you ? :-)

Yahoo! Mail :