BSD, Gav, LGPL, Jeremy, and business

Brett Glass brett at lariat.org
Fri Feb 15 16:30:59 CST 2002

At 03:22 PM 2/15/2002, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

>Sorry, the discussion stoped being civilized some time ago... :)

I've always done my best to be polite and civil throughout this
discussion, while at the same time presenting the many strong
arguments for my point of view. I've done a great deal of research
on the effects of licensing. If I sometimes seem to be a lone voice
(or nearly so) in the wilderness, it may be because I tend to catch
trends earlier than most people. For example, I was warning people about
Microsoft's monopolistic and anti-competitive tactics in the late 1980s,
at which time many developers on BBSes and on CompuServe wanted to
shout me down and ignore the problem. The xGPL is simply the new threat
on the horizon.

I'm sorry if not all of the responses to my messages have been
civil. I have no control over what other people write.

--Brett Glass