BSD, Gav, LGPL, Jeremy, and business

Brett Glass brett at lariat.org
Sat Feb 16 03:13:47 CST 2002

At 08:45 PM 2/15/2002, winedev at admdev.com wrote:

>My only issue is that both you and Patrik have made your views more than
>known, and it's obvious you hate the GPL and GPL-style licenses with a
>vengance..

By only the second sentence of your message, you've begun to argue ad
hominem. You appear to be attempting to incite others to dismiss my
arguments (which cite fundamental economic and business principles),
and/or to suppress views you do not like, by claiming that they're
based on emotion rather than logic.

In short, you're doing what's often called "flaming."

Please don't. Especially if, as you say, you are really concerned
with the quality of discourse on the list.

--Brett