C testing framewok. Updated. SystemParametersInfo unit test.

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 08:15:48 CST 2002

Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Andriy Palamarchuk <apa3a at yahoo.com> writes:
>
>>Can you suggest how to implement these switches - as
>>command-line arguments or environment variables?
>>

> Environment variables are better. I did that already
in the perl
> framework, look at the runtest script for the
variables I'm using. You
> probably want to do things the same way so that it's
easier to mix
> Perl and C tests.

Looked at the runtest script. Defined processing of
environment variables WINETEST_DEBUG and
WINETEST_DIE_ON_FAILURE.

As we discussed before we can define platform at
runtime, so do we really need the WINETEST_PLATFORM
switch? This is one more thing to break. Somebody will
eventually mess with the switch when they run the test
application manually. Automatic platform definition is
pretty reliable.

Attached new version of the library.

> I don't have a die on failure flag though, but I
> don't think this is really necessary.

It is not really necessary, only nice thing to have
:-)

I was thinking about situations when we need to run
big batch of tests on unfamiliar platform - e.g. on
untested version of Windows or move tests between
Win32 implementation. In these situations we are
interested to see all possible failures to see amount
of work needed to fix them.

On other hand we'd like to see only 1 failure on
testing regressions.

I'm going to leave the option for now.

Andriy Palamarchuk