Excessive clipping of text in listview

Medland, Bill Bill.Medland at accpac.com
Fri Jan 25 11:44:49 CST 2002

I know the feeling.  (not surprising given the size of the delta; you ought
to see what my last big one would have screwed up).

> > The symptom.  Our application has a ListView window.  As of
> yesterday's cvs
> > most of the text only displays about 2 or 3 pixels wide,
> while a few are
> > readable.
>
> Are you using Unicode or ANSI? Can I get access to the code
> to test with?

ANSI

Do you have access to the Microsoft "rowlist" sample?  If so then use that
but edit a couple of the labels to be longer than one line.  It's the "being
longer than one line" that messes it up.

> > I am just backtracking but I'm in a rush (I have to put together
> > a demo machine by yesterday) and I'd like to know how far
> back to go.
>
> Tell me, is 1.106 OK? Most likely the patch 1.106 -> 1.107 broke it.

It did work on 1/jan so it was probably your delta.

> --
> Dimi.

Thanks for the rapid response

Bill

p.s. what is going on in DrawLargeItem with the ellipsification; it looks
like it ellipsifies it and then throws the result away.

I am currently working on DrawText which should provide everything needed to
draw the text properly.  I am feeding it to Alexandre in small pieces so
that we don't break anything.  Microsoft, as far as I can see, don't
actually use DrawText; they appear to reimplement all the ellipsification
but I don't see why.