Excessive clipping of text in listview

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at cs.toronto.edu
Fri Jan 25 12:12:54 CST 2002

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Medland, Bill wrote:

> Do you have access to the Microsoft "rowlist" sample?  If so then use that

No, I don't. Can you send me a copy, or point me to a place where I can
get it from?

> but edit a couple of the labels to be longer than one line.  It's the "being
> longer than one line" that messes it up.

Aha! That's a good tip -- I'll check it out soon, but right now I'm at
work, and I don't have any Wine-related things around :)

> Thanks for the rapid response

No problem -- sorry for the screw up :)

> p.s. what is going on in DrawLargeItem with the ellipsification; it looks
> like it ellipsifies it and then throws the result away.

No wonder -- that's the most obscure part of the code, and I had the most
problems with debugging the thing...

> I am currently working on DrawText which should provide everything needed to
> draw the text properly.  I am feeding it to Alexandre in small pieces so
> that we don't break anything.  Microsoft, as far as I can see, don't
> actually use DrawText; they appear to reimplement all the ellipsification
> but I don't see why.

Cool. Given your knowladge of DrawText, should I just drop the
ellipsification and simply let DrawText do it?

--
Dimi.