Patch that broke SetFileAttributes

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Sat Jan 26 11:55:52 CST 2002

On Sat, Jan 26, 2002 at 06:49:53PM +0100, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 26, 2002 at 06:44:12PM +0100, Andreas Mohr wrote:
> > Simply reverting the patch done by Marcus does no good at all.
> > Either invest enough time to fully understand read-only
> > file/directory/device behaviour (and possibly fix Wine to handle everything
> > 150% correctly :) or forget it, I'd say.
>
> The problem is more that file attribute settings just doesnt work that well
> on VFAT.
>
> So you basically break some more installers.
>
> I don't remember what installer it was however. :(
Hmm, like always ;-)
That's why I'm particularly fond of adding program information to
Changelogs I create :)

Anyway, the installer shouldn't matter at all.
What matters is writing a very good test program to find a way
to support every possible combination as well as possible.

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://home.nexgo.de/andi.mohr/