MS' hidden API

Zhang Shu jo-c at is.aist-nara.ac.jp
Sun Jan 27 23:44:09 CST 2002

Dear wine developers,

I have one question on the development of wine. Long(one or
two years) ago I've heard that Microsoft got some hidden
APIs in their products of various windows, and they use
these APIs in their own applications. I wonder if this is
still a problem on their recent product like windows XP. If
it is, I guess wine will not be able to run such MS
applications which uses hidden APIs. Is this right?

And, is wine designed(or its goal is) to run all
applications(including MS product and non-MS product) that
runs on windows?

Please forgive me if this problem has appeared in the
past. I just joined this list a couple of days ago.

Thank you.

Regards,

--
Zhang Shu