ROTD (Rant Of The Day): patches

Joerg Mayer jmayer at loplof.de
Thu Jan 31 16:43:27 CST 2002

Hmm, looks like after the failed attempt for a flame war on version numbering,
you are trying to start one on mail clients 8-=)

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 03:52:19PM -0500, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> I've come to _hate_ diffs attached as Application/OCTET-STREAM. Can you
> please, Please, PLEASE, attach them as Text/PLAIN?

I'd like to see properly labeled attachment types too, be they text/plain,
mime, gzip or whatever.

> I use Pine over a ssh connection to read wine-{devel,patches}, and I can
> simply view the Text/PLAIN attachments, whereas I have to:

Hmm, the problem you mentioned is one of the two major reasons that drove
me away from pine towards mutt. I'm now running a (n almost) properly
configured mutt and don't have these problems any more because app/o-s
are just viewed with the text viewer after  pressing v and selecting the
attachment (which takes maybe 2 seconds). I don't like your idea of
1 patch per mail, as this would probably take me 2-3 additional seconds
per mail (poor me).

  ciao
          Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                          <jmayer at loplof.de>
I found out that "pro" means "instead of" (as in proconsul). Now I know