Strange behaviour -- app starts only with --debugmsg+snoop

Max max at
Sun Jul 7 15:52:30 CDT 2002

AutoCAD again !
After finally R14 runs fine, i'm trying with AutoCAD 2000.
Setup goes ok (besides usual VBA problem).
Starting with  'wine acad' gives a very early error of unhandled access
I tried to start it with --debugmsg +snoop to see what happened and, surprise,
app starts up quite good.
It then hangs much later, but that's another problem.
So the question : how it's possible that requesting snoop messages bypasses
the initial access violation ? I think that snoop adds only a thunk to calls
on native dlls....
Any suggestion appreciated !