Any advice on how to debug this?

Medland, Bill Bill.Medland at accpac.com
Wed Jul 10 14:14:08 CDT 2002

Thanks Eric.

So now what do we do.

Having messed about, got a repeatable case and generally bashed my head
around I have got to the following unfortunate situation.

It looks to me like:

comctl32.dll includes a shared data segment.
One of the entries in that segment, presumably during the DllEntry, is
populated with the address of GetSystemMetrics

A second copy of comctl32 then tries to use that address to call
GetSystemMetrics

Unfortunately the second process has user32 mapped somewhere else and so the
call goes somewhere weird and things fall over.

Any ideas as to what we can do about it?

Bill