SHLWAPI ole32 (delay-load of dlls)

Jürgen Schmied juergenschmied at lycos.de
Sat Jul 13 02:35:53 CDT 2002

(deleted)
> Ifwe should directly link with ole32 then we should probably remove the FIXME from Makefile.in.
> If we follow this path, we should eventually also link with the other DLLs that version 6 delay
> loads instead of being optional as before: apphelp, mlang, comctl32, mpr, msi, setupapi,
> userenv, winmm etc.
These are a bit to much dlls whats not on every system. Delay loading ole32 just needs
a >= win95 version of ole32 so it shouldn't any problem. The other dlls are (except
comctl32) are a problem because we can't expect them to be here.
If there is no ole32 wine loads the built in as a fallback.
I think it's safe to do a delay loading there.

juergen

> Cheers,
> Jon
>
>  Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.com> wrote:
>     "Jürgen Schmied" writes:
>
>     > This is not completely right. shlwapi loads ole32 per delay-load what
>     > means nearly its linking against it. We don't have anything similar at
>     > the moment. I don't think we should do anyting by function pointers.
>     > Maybe we could generate stubs during the build process to implement
>     > delay loading. It don't looks to hard to implement.
>
>     It's already implemented, you just have to list them as DELAYIMPORTS
>     instead of IMPORTS in the makefile.
>
>     --
>     Alexandre Julliard
>     julliard at winehq.com
>

> "Don't wait for the seas to part, or messiahs to come;
> Don't you sit around and waste this chance..." - Live
>
> jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com
>

> Do You Yahoo!?
> New! SBC Yahoo! Dial - 1st Month Free & unlimited access

---
juergen.schmied at debitel.net