Bug Fix: WM_GETTEXT should return NULL string if LB_GETCURSEL is LB_ERR

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Jul 16 03:46:21 CDT 2002

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
[...]
> IMO Wine should not use L prefix at all and explicitly convert ANSI
> to unicode when it's needed or use explicit unicode character constants:
> static const WCHAR fooW[] = {'f','o','o',0};
> but never L"foo".

For character constants, both 'x' and L'x' with work. So it is basically
a matter of style/taste.

But for Unicode strings, neither "foo" nor L"foo"  work: one results in
a string with 1 byte character and the other in a string with 4 byte
characters the compiler will not perform any conversion.
So for Unicode string literals, the only option is as you have shown
above:

static const WCHAR fooW[] = {'f','o','o',0};

Clumsy but this is the only way.

(for Winelib we play tricks with WINE_UNICODE_TEXT but these are not
perfect and must not be used in Wine. That's why they are in an #ifndef
__WINE__ anyway)

                              145 = 1! + 4! + 5!