Bug Fix: WM_GETTEXT should return NULL string if LB_GETCURSEL is LB_ERR

Shachar Shemesh iglu-web at sun.consumer.org.il
Tue Jul 16 03:57:27 CDT 2002

Francois Gouget wrote:

>Clumsy but this is the only way.
>

>(for Winelib we play tricks with WINE_UNICODE_TEXT but these are not
>perfect and must not be used in Wine. That's why they are in an #ifndef
>__WINE__ anyway)

didn't you just spot a serious problem with winelib?

As far as I can see, the only solution will be to formally seperate wine
from winelib in aims. Wine should support UTF-16, as it handles binaries
that use UTF-16. Winelib should support UTF-32, as that's what the
compilers support. We do nasty workarounds for the wine sources, but do
not require nasty workarounds from the winelib users.

Then again, rebutting my own claims, this will break binary
compatibility between data files generated with winelib applications and
windows applications.

Then again, rebutting my own rebuttal, binary compatiblity will not
happen without explicit winelib users effort anyways, because of
endianity issues.

So, after having proven my own claims null and invalid, what are we left
with?

            Shachar