WINPOS_GetWinOffset (Better Patch)

Anthony Tuininga tuiningas_ml at shaw.ca
Sun Jul 21 00:17:46 CDT 2002

With respect to this bug (#889) I followed the trail a little bit
further as I noticed that "hot spots" on an image (like buttons) would
fade in and out when the window wasn't at the top left of the screen.
The trail led to the file dlls/x11drv/winpos.c. It is making a call to
MapWindowPoints() which in turn calls WINPOS_GetWinOffset(). If I
eliminate the call to MapWindowPoints() in the function expose_window()
at line 290, (and restore the original version of windows/winpos.c)
everything works beautifully. The window draws itself properly and the
buttons work as expected. I am not all that familiar with Wine code,
though, so can anyone think of a good reason why this code ought to be
there? Should I submit a patch? And if so, can anyone point me to the
method required for doing so? Thanks.

Anthony