Dinput - Keyb Bug

Kristoffer Ericson kristoffer_e1 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 25 19:42:18 CDT 2002

Just a small update:

I load the Dinput.dll (DirectX5, but DX6 works also) that fixes keyboard.

I'm trying now to get OpenGL to work, i've run through the ./configure
--enable-opengl, and checked the config.log to see that everything checks
out (Which it does).

OpenGl in X windows works fine
OpenGl in windows demos also works fine (tried a couple small ones, where i
clearly can see that opengl is in use)

When i run the game it doesn't detect my OpenGL (i can't select it under
video) so i've been trying to get it to work all day.

When using a -dll opengl32.dll=n it can set the mode to opengl, but Tribes
immediatly crashes after klicking apply. I've checked around on the web and
found some old logs that tell about the exact same problem.

http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-users/2001/03/0630.html (OPENGL in
Tribes)

I get the exact same errors as that person, minus the mouse errors..

I've also tried an interesting thing that could be of some use for others,
considering Tribes also can use Glide i got an idea to try a windows
Glide-Wrapper = Translates Glide instructions into OpenGL. It worked
somewhat, but due the lack of any 100% glidewrappers and that they are
generally slow it wasn't a good solution. But i can imagine other "glide"
based games would work with this, if there's no other choice. Isn't there
anyway to nativly do this in linux?

Best Wishes