Symbol __strtol_internal is invalid

Tony Lambregts tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Thu Jul 25 22:19:42 CDT 2002

Kevin DeKorte wrote:

>All,
>
>In the last couple of days I have been getting this in
>the WINE-DBG in apps where I was not getting this
>before... Specifically Smart Suite's WordPro. This did
>not seem to happen with the original 20020710 release.
>
>Wine 20020710 from CVS (current as of 7/25) I got
>this.
>
>(Lots of symbol data cut out). I can reproduce 100% of
>the time. Load WordPro and select "Create Blank
>Document" then boom. Looks to me like something got
>removed out of a lib.
>
>Symbol __strtol_internal is invalid

This error I have seen for a long time when I am debugging, right after
for me so far. (I suppose it should be fixed)

>                      0x40a27c3a
>(_LocalServerThread+0x92 [compobj.c:1141] in
>ole32.dll.so): call     *0x0(%ecx)
>                     1141        hres =
>IUnknown_QueryInterface(newClass->classObject,&IID_IClassFactory,(LPVOID*)&classfac);
>                           Wine-dbg>

If this is a regression then you can find the patch that broke it by
doing regression testing. How to do this is outlined here

http://www.winehq.com/Docs/wine-devel/cvs-regression.shtml

It should not take more than 5 itinerations to find the day the patch
was commited with this time frame. Depending on the number of patches
committed on that day it coud take as many as 5 or 6 more to find the
exact  patch. This is the most dependable way of finding and fixing
regressions.

Tony Lambregts