CUPS and Wine

David D. Hagood wowbagger at sktc.net
Sat Jul 27 12:13:57 CDT 2002

I've been having trouble with my RH7.2 LPRng based printing, so I
decided I'd try installing CUPS. After fighting for hours to get this
so-called easier printing system installed and working, I finally got to
where I could print from Linux apps. Now, however, Wine steadfastly
refuses to bring up a meaningful print dialog.

I've gone into system.reg and win.ini and removed all the entries
relating to the printing system, to no avail. Wine sort of recognises
that there is a printer named "Color" managed by CUPS, but it cannot get
any kind of properties for it - no paper size, no queue, and any attempt
to accept the dialog is either ignored or results in a fault.

This is with a CVS pull and clean rebuild as of 30 minutes ago.

Where do I go from here?