Dinput - Keyb Bug

Kristoffer Ericson kristoffer_e1 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 29 15:50:50 CDT 2002

Greetings,

>I have the game (tribes) and have trace logs for you (they are big so they
>will probably come in a seperate email).  The first on is
>+relay,+dinput,+event (which has me pressing the a key, then shuts down)
>and the second is +opengl,+x11drv,-dsound.  DGA is disabled as it breaks
>my Nvidia driver when running the game.

I've already sent my logs to Lionel, but the more the better =). On my
machine DGA seems to work, although extremely slow.

>I have something to mention about the Opengl.  The game upon release
>didn't include opengl. Whether is was incomplete or buggy I don't know.
>A later patch included full opengl support.  So make sure your running
>the latest patch if you can.

>I was able to get the game running in accelerated mode a while back.
>But that was probably in glide mode, which I cannot test right now.   I
>tried yesterday to run it in opengl mode by going into the options menu
>and selecting it, but the option is missing.  It must not be detecting
>the opengl.  I know my opengl drivers work.  The game's software mode
>works fine through the x11drv.

I'm aware of that fact, currently using the latest Tribes patch (OPENGL got
into patch 1.3, i got 1.11, so i'm sure it works).

Getting glide to run in tribes doesn't seem to be a problem, i've been
playing some with glide-wrappers which seems to work fine (some glitches)
and the game gets renderd. I believe that if the opengl detection would get
fixed, the game would probobly work perfectly in opengl.

Lionel any more logs you need, just drop me a mess.

Best wishes