dos console apps question

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jul 30 12:28:13 CDT 2002

> Having the process use the current term window is exactly what I'm looking for.  How far along is the patch you have and would you be in need of any assistance?
the point I need to think of is how to switch between the different
backends (taking into account all possible cases)
I may look into that in the next days

> I'm not sure what you mean by not being able to have the parent process communicate with the child process and how this affects things.
Alexandre's idea (for the evolution of process creation is as follows)
- for processes created from the UNIX command line (and possibly with
both Wine and programs arguments) do as follows
- a wine launcher would read all wine arguments (either command line,
environment strings, registry) and create the requested child process
(the one from the command line), setting all necessary arguments,
options...
- it would be this program which would be in charge of
	1/ creating a new console (if needed)
	2/ make the child process inherit from the unix console and/or streams
(if needed)

A+