winedbg again :-)

Max max at veneto.com
Tue Jul 30 18:30:28 CDT 2002

Alle 18:24, lunedì 29 luglio 2002, Eric Pouech ha scritto:
> this works now for function names (but not source bp like file.c at line
> 123, nor
> for addresses)
> I'm currently finishing a patch that implements what you want

great, I think even it can be dangerous, it can spare much debugging time too!

> I've almost finished the 'source foo' winedbg commands, which will read
> all (winedbg) commands stored in file foo. what you propose if way too
> specific to your current problem. but the 'source' command, there
> shouldn't be any user interaction (like asking the user for some more
> information)

yes, I meant something like that.... Quite like a command macro recorder, or a
simpler a scripting ability.
It happens often to loose much time to reach the correct debugging point, and
then loose the command sequence to reach it... I guess with your patch
that'll be much better

Btw, I tried GDB with wine, but it's really awful that it doesn't understand
threading/process modell of wine, so I went back to winedbg.
Tried your remote add-on too, but no success... maybe I did something wrong.
I'm thinking more and more to write a graphical front-end for winedbg, maybe
using as a starting point KDBG... Simple and clean interface, not too many
complicated (and also quite unuseful :) ) commands....
I 'now that it'll never (?) go in cvs, but it can be useful as an external
add-on too....
A little (and maybe dummy, as usual!) question : as winedbg is a winelib app,
is it possible to link it with QT, or there are some known problems ?

Regards (and thanx for the patches !)

Max