winedbg again :-)

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jul 29 11:24:20 CDT 2002

> > OTOH, it's also very awful to set a bp on memory which isn't mapped
> > yet... you
> > cannot write on it :-)
> > anyway, we could do something like we do now for bp setting (expressed
> > as a string) and automatically set the bp on DLL loading (if we can)
> > rather easy (just follow what's done for deferred bp)
>
> Yes, I meant deferred BP... is there already a way to set them now, at adress
> points ? Or it's only for source BPs ?
this works now for function names (but not source bp like file.c at line
123, nor
for addresses)
I'm currently finishing a patch that implements what you want
> > that's a bit harder (especially, since we don't want the user to
> > interact), but basically it's just setting the parser to read from a
> > file stream instead of stdin
>
> I don't understand the thing of avoiding user interaction.... I was thinking about a
> command like 'store breaks <filename>' and
> 'load breaks <filename>... or maybe, better, a way to store all winedbg settings on
> file.
I've almost finished the 'source foo' winedbg commands, which will read
all (winedbg) commands stored in file foo. what you propose if way too
specific to your current problem. but the 'source' command, there
shouldn't be any user interaction (like asking the user for some more
information)

A+