Recent patches introduced a regression error

Paul Millar paulm at astro.gla.ac.uk
Wed Jul 31 22:08:52 CDT 2002

Hi,

According to WRT [1], one of todays patches caused a regression error,
picked up by one of the wininet DLL tests. Only, none of the patches seem
to have touched wininet.

The problem is with the tests at dlls/wininet/tests/http.c lines 117 and
157. The test freezes for up to 4 minutes, then returns the failures.

As an act in desperation, I've tried reversing some of the patches (1-4,
6, and 7 from the WRT list) without success.

I'm also a little suspicious that this might be something to do with
Glasgow (or me :)  I've been able to reproduce the problem on two other
(local) machines, but I've not tried on any remote machines. I've also
tried using earlier cvs versions (from a few days ago), but that build
fails the wininet tests too. It would be good if someone could confirm the
problem.

Sorry if this turns out to be a red herring ...

Paul.

PS It's quite late here, so I might not be able to reply until tomorrow.

[1] http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/paulm/WRT/wrt.php

----
Paul Millar