Introduction and Sparc Solaris Status

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri Mar 22 18:26:41 CST 2002

Warren_Baird said:
> I'm trying to get *winelib* working on Sparc-solaris.

   Emphasis mine. He is trying to get Winelib to work on Sparc.
Winelib is the part of Wine that lets you recompile applications on
Unix. This requires having the source of course, but lets you compile
Windows programs on non x86 platforms. So there is no processor
emulation going on (as is always the case with Wine ;-).
   The issues are the usual issues:
 * byte endianness
 * alignment issues
 * pointer size
 * must not use x86 assembly

           If it stinks, it's chemistry. If it moves, it's biology.
                  If it does not work, It's computer science.