Improving the regression testing infrastructure

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Fri Mar 29 18:48:41 CST 2002

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Eric Pouech wrote:

> >    True. So what we need is to add a function in the testing framework
> > so that tests can get argc/argv/envp. Seems like a reasonable approach.
> I was more thinking adding some wt_argc and wt_argv, with init in main
> so that we don't have to deal with the portability issues of the __argc,
> __ ARGC...

   Yes I agree with the wt_argc, etc approach. Either variables or
functions, or even a single function:
int wt_getmainargs(char*** argv, char*** envp);
   These are all pretty much equivalent.

> > > I decided to let the parent do the checking because:
> > > - you don't know what the stdout of the child will be (and if you'll be
> > >   able to get the results on the console)
> >
> >    It should have the same stdout as the parent, unless you explicitely
> > nuke them when calling CreateProcess.
> yup... but we want to test CreateProcess, and some test cases will
> change the stdout handle

   But do you need to write to stdout for these tests. Do you need to
write to stdout at all for that matter?

Francois Gouget         fgouget at
                  Dieu dit: "M-x Lumière". Et la lumière fut.